Open Thead: The Monsters of NY “Gargoyles” Survey
11 January 2014 6 Comments
- What is your favorite run of stories and why?
- Season 1 (“Awakening” to “Reawakening”)
- “Leader of the Pack” to “City of Stone”
- “High Noon” to “Avalon”
- The Avalon World Tour (“Shadows of the Past” to “The Gathering”)
- “Vendettas” to “Hunter’s Moon”
- “Clan-Building” (a.k.a. the comic-book series)
- “Redemption” (Gargoyles: Bad Guys)
- The Goliath Chronicles
- What is your least favorite run of stories and why?
- List three things the series could have improved upon.
- If you could change only one thing about the series, what would it be?
- Name something you really wanted to see happen.
- Which is your favorite character arc?
- What is you favorite romance?
- Which is your favorite group or sub-group of characters (Manhattan Clan, Labyrinth Clan, The Pack, Redemption Squad, etc.)?
- How do you feel about the series’ eventual expansion of the circle of living gargoyles beyond the Manhattan Clan and Demona?
- As of the end of “Clan-Building”, who or what is the greatest threat the Manhattan Clan has to deal with?
- What are your thoughts on the Avalon World Tour? Could it have been improved? If so, in which way?
- How would you like to see Gargoyles return, if at all?
- Gargoyles has always been a series concerned with featuring people who are not often represented, and showing them in non-stereotypical ways. What do you think of the job they did, and where would you like them to turn their eye to, should the series return?
- You have been asked to come up with concepts and preliminary plots for a Gargoyles film trilogy. What do those involve?
- Which of the unproduced spin-offs would you most have liked to see make it to the screen / page?
- The Dark Ages
- Gargoyles 2198
- Heroes of Ulster
- The New Olympians
The rules: This is an open thread, which means that you can write about whatever you’d like in the comments, as long as it remains within the bounds set by the comment policy. Discussions taking place in previous Open Threads–which will be closed after this one goes online–can also be continued here.